Monday, June 15, 2009

UFC blog for latest news, videos, results, betting odds, fighter interviews and MMA rumors - UFCmania.com

UFC blog for latest news, videos, results, betting odds, fighter interviews and MMA rumors - UFCmania.com


UFC Quick Quote: Wanderlei Silva wants a rematch with Rich Franklin after ‘unbelievable’ show

Posted: 14 Jun 2009 10:08 AM PDT

“The show was incredible. It's amazing, It's unbelievable. It's our first show here and sold out. A lot of people. It was incredible man. This crowd, I don't know how many people standing … The ground started to shake. It's unbelievable … Please, I want a rematch. I know it's the judges opinion, but I'm thinking I won. It was fight of the night. I want a rematch.”

UFC 99 headliner Wanderlei Silva sounds off after his thrilling back-and-forth three round war with Rich Franklin at “The Comeback” from the Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany on June 13. “The Axe Murderer” came up on the losing end of a razor-thin unanimous decision to “Ace,” who was buckled in the second round by the former PRIDE smashing machine — who once again leaves it all in the cage. The fans were certainly grateful for another gritty performance, but was the losing effort enough to warrant a possible rematch? Opinions, please.

UFC 99 post fight press conference (Video)

Posted: 14 Jun 2009 09:38 AM PDT

UFC 100: Jonathan Goulet out against Dong Hyun Kim with shoulder injury

Posted: 14 Jun 2009 08:05 AM PDT

jonathan goulet

Props: Facebook.com

Quoteworthy:

"I tried very hard to being back but I can’t, its official I wouldn’t be a part of the historical moment, I wouldn’t be a part of the UFC 100. I dislocated my shoulder. I'm very angry and sad."

Coming off a 33-second technical knockout loss to Mike "Quick" Swick, a win for Jonathan Goulet over Dong Hyun Kim at UFC 100, July 11, would have been the perfect chance to get his career back on track. That’s now on hold after the “Road Warrior” hurt himself while training for the 170-pound bout. No replacement for Goulet has been announced at this time. Kim is coming off a razor-thin split decision loss to Karo Parisyan at UFC 94 earlier this year. With just four weeks until fight night it could be hard for the promotion to secure a worthy welterweight opponent for “Stun Gun.” We’ll keep you posted.

UFC Quick Quote: Marcus Davis ‘didn’t lose’ to Dan Hardy at UFC 99

Posted: 14 Jun 2009 07:32 AM PDT

“He got totally outwrestled in the first round — he was on his back the whole time. Second round he got outgrappled and outwrestled. That third round he lost three minutes and 15 or 20 seconds of the round — I had it booked in my head. And then he comes on and cuts me, frustrates me and wins that last round [in the final two minutes]. I knew that it was close, but I knew I had those first two rounds in the bag…. I believe that is the first time I went to decision besides the Swick fight, which I lost, too. I did lose that fight. This fight I didn’t lose. To lose to him makes it even worse. It was a fight that I should have been able to finish. It didn’t have anything to do with him getting in my head or whatever. Things just happened in the fight and I wasn’t able to finish. But that’s the fight game.”

– A disappointed Marcus Davis talks about his split decision loss to bitter enemy, Dan Hardy, at UFC 99: "The Comeback" from the Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany, on June 13. “The Irish Hand Grenade” appeared to control most of the fight; however, he did get dropped on at least two occasions and sustained a major cut to the bridge of his nose in the final minutes of the third round. Did the blood sway the judges decisions or did “The Outlaw” really do enough to win the fight?

Rich Franklin feels ‘really good’ after win over Wanderlei Silva at UFC 99 (Video)

Posted: 14 Jun 2009 07:07 AM PDT

No comments:

Recent Articles on Sherdog.com

UFC rss

Recent Interviews on Sherdog.com