Monday, March 8, 2010

UFC blog for latest news, videos, results, betting odds, fighter interviews and MMA rumors - UFCmania.com

UFC blog for latest news, videos, results, betting odds, fighter interviews and MMA rumors - UFCmania.com


Miguel Torres cut from Joseph Benavidez is huge and nasty (Pic). See the stitched final product...

Posted: 07 Mar 2010 05:27 PM PST

Torreshead

Miguel Torres cut from Joseph Benavidez is huge and nasty (Pic). See the stitched final product over at MiddleEasy.com.

Dominic Cruz: I can beat Joseph Benavidez 9 out of 10 times (Video)

Posted: 07 Mar 2010 09:07 AM PST

He's already get one in the bag after a unanimous decision back in 2009 ... will the trend continue?

Joseph Benavidez called Miguel Torres victory -- and is now calling for a Dominick Cruz rematch

Posted: 07 Mar 2010 08:57 AM PST

Benavidez-torres-2_medium

Props: Sherdog.com

Quoteworthy:

"This is the fight I've waited for since I got in the WEC. It feels great to get a win off him coming off his (Bowles) loss knowing he was going to come in determined and inspired and bring everything [he had]. I always thought I was going to win this fight, I always thought I matched up really good with (him). Honestly, a month before I told all my team mates 'I'm going to guillotine Miguel' . Whatever the WEC wants but I'd love to go in and avenge my only loss [to Dominick Cruz] and I thought it was a great fight we had before and I know I can go in there and beat him. My goal is to become world champion and he has the belt right now so I get to avenge a loss and reach my goal."

12-1 WEC bantamweight standout Joseph Benavidez, whose only defeat came during an action-packed 135-pound war with Dominick Cruz last August, talks about his dominant performance against former division champion Miguel Torres, who succumbed to a second round guillotine from the Team Alpha Male fighter at last night's WEC 47 event in Columbus. Now Benavidez wants to avenge his only loss and become world champion -- which he can now do with one fight following Brian Bowles TKO loss to Cruz on the same card. Who takes the rematch?

WEC 47: Jens Pulver talks about his fight future after loss to Javier Vasquez (Video)

Posted: 07 Mar 2010 06:08 AM PST

No comments:

Recent Articles on Sherdog.com

UFC rss

Recent Interviews on Sherdog.com