Monday, April 13, 2009

UFC blog for latest news, videos, results, betting odds, fighter interviews and MMA rumors - UFCmania.com

UFC blog for latest news, videos, results, betting odds, fighter interviews and MMA rumors - UFCmania.com

UFC 97 video blog with Chuck Liddell

Posted: 13 Apr 2009 04:22 AM PDT

UFC 99 results and LIVE fight coverage for ‘The Comeback’ on June 13 in Germany

Posted: 12 Apr 2009 06:32 PM PDT

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) today finalized the 12-fight line up for its first-ever trip to Germany on June 13 from the Lanxess Arena in Cologne, Germany.

UFC 99 will be headlined by former middleweight champion Rich "Ace" Franklin taking on ex-PRIDE smashing machine Wanderlei Silva in a special 195-pound brawl. Two solid welterweight match ups — Mike Swick vs. Ben Saunders and Marcus Davis vs. Dan Hardy — will also receive main card billing.

In addition, heavyweights Heath Herring and Cain Velasquez are also slated to hook 'em up in an interesting collision of heavyweights.

Here is the complete UFC 99 fight card:

Main event:

195 lbs.: Rich Franklin (24-4) vs Wanderlei Silva (32-9-1)

Main card (Televised):

265 lbs.: Cain Velasquez (5-0) vs. Heath Herring (28-14)
170 lbs.: Mike Swick (13-2) vs. Ben Saunders (7-0-2)
170 lbs.: Marcus Davis (16-4) vs. Dan Hardy (21–6)
155 lbs.: Spencer Fisher (22-4) vs. Caol Uno (25-11-4)

Under card (May not be broadcast):

155 lbs.: Terry Etim vs. Justin Buchholz
155 lbs.: Dennis Siver vs. Dale Hartt
170 lbs.: Paul Taylor (9-4-1) vs. Peter Sobotta (8-1)
155 lbs.: Paul Kelly vs. Roli Delgago
265 lbs.: Stefan Struve (16-3) vs. Denis Stojnic (5-2)
265 lbs.: Mustapha Al-Turk (6-4) vs. Todd Duffee (4-0)
170 lbs.: John Hathaway vs. Rick Story

MMAmania.com will provide LIVE blow-by-blow, round-by-round coverage of UFC 99, beginning with the pay-per-view (PPV) telecast. In addition, we will deliver up-to-the-minute quick results of all the under card action on fight night.

We're still a few months away from showtime; therefore, feel free to share your thoughts and predictions on "The Comeback" in the comments section below. And remember that MMAmania.com will be the spot for the latest news and event-related highlights before, during and after the event.

For everything you need to know about UFC 99 feel free to also hit up our event archive right here.

Happy Easter from MMAmania.com

Posted: 12 Apr 2009 05:48 AM PDT

Hot cross buns!

Happy Easter, Maniacs.

After you take a chomp out of your chocolate bunny and find all of your eggs, go ahead and discuss or link to whatever you wish in the comments section below. This is an open thread, but let's try and keep it as MMA-related as possible, please.

From last night’s Strikeforce to next weekend’s UFC 97 — there’s certainly plenty to talk about.

Tito Ortiz video on the possibility of fighting for Strikeforce …

Posted: 12 Apr 2009 04:53 AM PDT

… and maybe even getting back in the cage against Renato “Babalu” Sobral:

MMA Quick Quote: Scott Smith pulls a rabbit out of his butt against Benji Radach

Posted: 12 Apr 2009 02:01 AM PDT

“There was about honestly three times when I thought the fight was over. I was out when I pulled his leg. I was rocked. I saw him about three different times. I didn’t know what I was doing … I just pulled it out of my butt. My kids are here and I could not let them down…. He absolutely picked me a part as you can see in the first two rounds, but I’m always dangerous…. I just said [to myself] that I owe it to the fans and everyone out there to lay it absolutely on the line and I did. I was fortunate enough tonight to land the “Hands of Steel” right across his face…. I got hurt in this fight — I got hurt really bad. I had some coaches who helped me pull through … I’ve got to thank my masseuse, Tom Atencio, thank you very much.”

– Scott “Hands of Steel” Smith talks about his thrilling come-from-behind knockout win over Benji Radach at Strikeforce: “Shamrock vs. Diaz.” Smith was getting schooled for three rounds before out of nowhere he dropped another magical right hand right on the button of the “Razor” to put him down for the count. After the awesome performance, he thanked several people for helping him prepare for the middleweight brawl, including his masseuse, Tom Atencio. Weird.

Jake Shields video preview of ‘Bully Beatdown’ on MTV

Posted: 12 Apr 2009 02:00 AM PDT

It’s on tonight, maniacs:

No comments:

Recent Articles on Sherdog.com

UFC rss

Recent Interviews on Sherdog.com