Monday, July 26, 2010

UFC blog for latest news, videos, results, betting odds, fighter interviews and MMA rumors - UFCmania.com

UFC blog for latest news, videos, results, betting odds, fighter interviews and MMA rumors - UFCmania.com


UFC 115: Why didn't Pat Barry follow Cro Cop to the ground after flooring him?

Posted: 25 Jul 2010 08:55 PM PDT

Because he tells MMAFighting.com that he was just hurt too bad to do anything about it:

Barry006_medium

"The world couldn't see it because the camera wasn't close enough to my face, but as soon as I broke my hand – that was the second punch I landed that knocked him down – as soon as it happened, my lip was starting to tremble, and for two reasons. One, it hurt terribly. I never would have guessed that it was only one broken bone. I felt like all the bones in my hand were, like, entirely disintegrated.... We were on the ground in the second and he was on top of me punching me and he asked me what was wrong. He said, 'What's wrong with you? Why'd you stop fighting?' I told him, 'I broke my hand,' and he was like, 'Bullsh*t.' I said, 'No sir. My hand is broken. That hand is gone.'"

Does his disappearance after round one make a little more sense now, or did you put the pieces together when you saw him in a wheel chair after the three-round decision loss? Or maybe after you saw pics of his broken hand and foot right here. Either way, would you like to see an instant rematch or is it time to move on?

Mayhem Miller wants to kick Nick Diaz in the face for getting him jumped on CBS (Video)

Posted: 25 Jul 2010 11:43 AM PDT

Chael Sonnen: Anderson Silva will be better, not tougher, than him at UFC 117

Posted: 25 Jul 2010 06:53 AM PDT

Sonnen-bloody_medium

Props: Houston Chronicle

Quoteworthy:

"At the end of the day, he's still going to be better than me. He's still going to punch better than me and kick better. He's going to have a black belt in jiu-jitsu and I'm gonna have no belt in jiu-jitsu. But who cares? Who cares who is better? In 25 minutes, it's a matter of who is tougher, who can stand out there and go harder for a longer amount of time. Who can be hurt and stay in the fight anyway. Who's going to get tired and stay in the fight anyway. That's really it. He's gonna be better, and I'm fine with that. He's going to hurt me when he punches me, and I'm fine with that. But I'm gonna walk straight up to him, put him on his ass and beat a hole in his face. And as long as this sport has been around, that strategy has never been beaten."

Number one middleweight contender, Chael Sonnen, continues the drumbeat of promotion for his upcoming fight against division champion Anderson Silva at UFC 117 on Aug. 7. Sonnen, who has disparaged the "Spider" just about every chance he can, admits that the Brazilian is probably a better fighter. However, his toughness and endurance will make up for whatever gap in talent appears on fight night. But will Silva allow Sonnen to get that close, meaning we can expect, gasp, another game of keep-away?

No comments:

Recent Articles on Sherdog.com

UFC rss

Recent Interviews on Sherdog.com