Sunday, May 2, 2010

UFC blog for latest news, videos, results, betting odds, fighter interviews and MMA rumors - UFCmania.com

UFC blog for latest news, videos, results, betting odds, fighter interviews and MMA rumors - UFCmania.com


Floyd Mayweather vs Shane Mosley open thread and discussion

Posted: 01 May 2010 06:04 PM PDT

Mayweather-wins_medium

Okay, so it's not MMA, but it's still combat sports -- and one of boxing's bigger fights. And we know there are a ton of readers here interested in last night’s highly publicized showdown.

So here’s a thread for those wanting to discuss all the action and provide their thoughts and analysis on Floyd "Money" Mayweather's unanimous decision win over "Sugar" Shane Mosley.

Things certainly got interesting in the second round.

Feel free to also discuss whatever MMA-related news and notes you have floating around in your gray matter. Since it's an open thread, pretty much anything is fair game.

Just remember to keep the mud slinging to a minimum.

Josh Koscheck: 'I’m gonna go in there and wrestle his ass down and rear naked choke him in round one'

Posted: 01 May 2010 01:39 PM PDT

Mma_s_koscheck-johnson01_576_medium

Props: UFC.com

Quoteworthy:

"I believe that if I look past Paul Daley, I’m a fool, and by no means am I looking past him. My only focus is on Paul Daley and beating him. He’s been talking a lot of garbage and I like it. I like the fact that he’s so confident, and I like that he says that he’s ready to go, because that means that after I whip his ass, there are gonna be no excuses. And if he does make excuses, then we’re gonna see what kind of character he has and what type of person Paul Daley is. The funny thing is, Paul Daley keeps saying ‘stand toe-to-toe with me.’ Well, how ‘bout we go out there and get in a wrestling stance? There’s a good chance of that. I’ve got 50 takedowns in me in 15 minutes, I can guarantee you that. And every time Paul Daley goes to bed at night, he’s gotta think "Oh $%^%, Josh Koscheck’s probably gonna take me down and throw me on my head.’ So if you’re a betting man, you better go to Vegas right now, and put money on Josh Koscheck because now that the guy has pissed me off, I can guarantee you that I’m gonna go in there and wrestle his ass down and rear naked choke him in round one. There you have it. I’ll probably beat him up a little bit before I choke him out, but in round one, he’s getting choked out. And that’s what he’s gonna have to sleep with over the next week – ‘How the hell am I gonna stop from getting taken down and put on my ass?’"

Former UFC welterweight number one contender Josh Koscheck changes his tune a bit in his recent UFC 113 blog, moving away from previous claims that he was going to keep it standing against the hard-hitting British import Paul Daley on May 8 in Montreal. "Semtex" has won four straight with four first round knockouts and "Kos" probably will rely on his bread-and-butter to avoid being number five. The AKA standout is gunning for another crack at division champion Georges St. Pierre with a win next Saturday night. With Fitch and Alves already booked, it seems like beating Daley just might get him there. Any fantasy matchmakers out there have a better choice?

Strikeforce Challengers video preview for 'Lindland vs Casey' on May 21

Posted: 01 May 2010 10:34 AM PDT

WEC 49: Raphael Assuncao vs Diego Nunes signed for June 20 in Edmonton

Posted: 01 May 2010 10:22 AM PDT

Tweets the Brazilian...

Assuncao-tweet_medium

WEC 49: "Varner vs. Shalorus" fight card and rumors here.

UFC Quick Quote: Patrick Cote not running after Anderson Silva

Posted: 01 May 2010 09:01 AM PDT

Andersonsilva_medium

"We have kind of like unfinished business with me and Anderson Silva, but my goal is not to fight Anderson Silva, my goal is to have another title fight. I really don't care about this guy. The thing is he was the champion; that's what I want. I want the belt; I want to be world champion. If he's still there when I have another title fight, I'll fight him. But if it's another one, I'll fight another guy too. I'm not running after Anderson Silva, I'm running after another title fight."

Patrick Cote talks to MMAWeekly about getting back into the middleweight mix after facing Alan Belcher at UFC 113 next Saturday in Montreal. "The Predator" has not competed since shredding his knee while inside the Octagon opposite reigning division champion Anderson Silva at UFC 90 way back in October 2008. The bout resulted in a technical knockout loss for the Canadian, which he feels may have gone his way if the freak accident never happened. The 185-pound class is now teeming with possible title contenders, making his road back to the summit more than likely a long and difficult one. He wants another shot at the crown but has to get past "The Talent" first. What are his chances?

UFC 113 'Countdown' videos for 'Machida vs. Shogun 2'

Posted: 01 May 2010 07:09 AM PDT

Check out part two of "Machida vs. Shogun 2," as well as previews of Josh Koscheck vs. Paul Daley and Kimbo Slice vs. Matt Mitrione.

Fedor sporting the judo gi embroidered with "Yoshida dojo" that Hidehiko Yoshida gifted to him...

Posted: 30 Apr 2010 07:59 PM PDT

0427_jrock_01

Fedor sporting the judo gi embroidered with "Yoshida dojo" that Hidehiko Yoshida gifted to him during the Astra post-fight presser.

No comments:

Recent Articles on Sherdog.com

UFC rss

Recent Interviews on Sherdog.com