Monday, May 17, 2010

UFC blog for latest news, videos, results, betting odds, fighter interviews and MMA rumors - UFCmania.com

UFC blog for latest news, videos, results, betting odds, fighter interviews and MMA rumors - UFCmania.com


Arianny Celeste Maxim photos at Tao Beach

Posted: 16 May 2010 05:53 PM PDT

Arianny-tao-1_medium

More hotness after the jump...

Arianny-tao-2_medium

Arianny-tao-3_medium

Arianny-tao-4_medium

Shine Fights targets summer return; agrees to pay fighters after commission cancels May 15 event

Posted: 16 May 2010 10:27 AM PDT

Din-thomas_medium

Props: MMAWeekly

Quoteworthy:

"The judge granted the injunction for Don King, and so the Ricardo Mayorga fight was off. However, we were ready to move forward with our show because we felt and we still feel like we have a great card. So we were ready to go put it on and fans were actually in the building from my understanding, and the commissioner ended up calling the fights for reasons I'm not entirely sure of ... I didn't know [the athletic commission] could cancel the show ... I just want to get an understanding from their side of things why they decided to call the event ... The fighters will all be taken care of financially for this fight. This is not going to be a situation where we're going to say 'oh the fight's canceled, nobody's getting paid.' People will be paid, and we're going to look to put on a fight very soon. We're probably looking at June/July/August."

Shine Fights CEO Devin Price reacts to the cancellation of his "Worlds Collide: Mayorga vs. Thomas" pay-per-view event on May 15, after the courts awarded Don King Productions a last-minute injunction barring "El Matador's" participation in the main event. Price and Co. were prepared to continue with their event and promote "Ninja" Rua into the main event against David Heath; however, the North Carolina Athletic Commission pulled the plug. Was it because Shine defiantly promised to ignore the injunction immediately following the ruling? Or were there other reasons? We'll likely find out on Monday morning.  Stay tuned.

Alistair Overeem attributes his 'excellent performance' to feeling 'no pressure' against Brett Rogers (Video)

Posted: 16 May 2010 09:54 AM PDT

UFC Quick Quote: Was Dan Lauzon abandoned by his coaches and brother Joe two weeks before UFC 114?

Posted: 16 May 2010 09:14 AM PDT

Danlauzon450_medium

"I think I'm going to be pretty much looking for a new gym and new coaches to train with. People I can actually count on and rely on and not somebody that's going to halfway through a camp say, 'Hey sorry, you're going out there alone, good luck.' Don't think I'm laying down for this fight and I'm not looking forward to the fight. I'm definitely looking forward to the fight. I'm going in there and I'm going to fight, but it just (stinks). It's not the way I wanted everything to happen for this fight going into it. In my eyes, I was doing everything right. I was making it to the gym; I was training hard two times a day. I was doing everything right. I was completely blown away. They were saying to me, 'I understand that you're mad at us.' I told them, 'I'm not mad. I'm hurt.' Joe Pomfret is somebody I look at like a father, and he is going to do this to me? You're going to tell me you can't (work my corner) and you're sending me out to Vegas alone for one of my biggest fights? I was completely hurt by it, especially my brother Joe. I don't think anybody would ever do that to their brother. I can't think of anyone else that would ever do that to their brother and just tell them, 'Hey, you're on your own.' "

A disappointed Dan Lauzon tells the Boston Herald that his trainers, along with brother and fellow UFC lightweight Joe Lauzon, walked away from him two weeks before his big fight against Efrain Escudero at UFC 114 in Las Vegas. "The Upgrade" contends that he was holding up his end of the bargain after Team Lauzon issued him an ultimatum about his training schedule. Will Lauzon be adversely affected without his usual cornermen on May 29 -- and perhaps learn the lesson his brother is trying to teach him? Or was he hung out to dry by his own flesh and blood at a pivotal point in his career?

War Machine and Seth Petruzelli pick up submission wins at BAMMA 3 on May 15 in Birmingham

Posted: 16 May 2010 08:52 AM PDT

Bamma3_medium

Mixed Martial Arts was on display not only stateside but also abroad last Saturday night (May 15) as the British Association of Mixed Martial Arts (BAMMA) held their third event from Birmingham's LG Arena in the United Kingdom.

Originally billed as "Reid vs. Watson," former UFC and IFL standout Matt Horwich was called up on April 29 to replace "The Reidenator" after BAMMA doctors declared the London Shootfighter unfit to compete.

"Suave" put up a good fight but came up short on the judge's scorecards against "Kong."

Also in action were a couple of "Ultimate Fighter" castaways in the form of Seth Petruzelli and the fighter formerly known as Jon Koppenhaver.

"The Silverback," billing himself as "The Kimbo Conqueror," submitted ZT Fight Skool's Ryan White via first round submission (armbar). "War Machine" fared equally as well, tapping out "The Lisbon Outlaw" Zach Light via rear naked choke just over a minute into the first round.

The complete BAMMA 3 quick results after the jump:

Martin McDonagh def. Mike Wood via Submission (Triangle Choke) R1 - 3:52
Phil Harris def. Neil Seery via unanimous decision
Ashleigh Grimshaw def.  Paul Reed via TKO (Punches) R2 - 1:04
Jeff Lawson def. David Lee via Submission (Armbar) R1 - 0:57
Carl Noon def. Mike Ling via Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) R1 - 3:48
Simeon Thoresen def. John Maguire via unanimous decision
Mark Adams def. Alan Omer via unanimous decision
War Machine def. Zach Light via  Submission (Rear-Naked Choke) R1 - 1:09
Rob Sinclair def. Daniel Weichel via TKO (Punches) R1 - 4:03
Seth Petruzelli def. Ryan White via Submission (Armbar) R1 - 1:07
Tom Watson def. Matt Horwich via unanimous decision

For more on the British Association of Mixed Martial Arts you can check out their official website here.

Strikeforce: Antonio Silva put his 'Big Foot' down on Andrei Arlovski at 'Heavy Artillery' (Video)

Posted: 16 May 2010 07:25 AM PDT

Can "The Pitbull" rebound after losing his third straight fight?

Strikeforce post-fight press conference photos gallery for 'Heavy Artillery'

Posted: 16 May 2010 01:08 AM PDT

Dsc_0846_medium

More pics after the jump. For Strikeforce: "Heavy Artillery" live results and post-fight recap click here and here.

Dsc_0854_medium

Dsc_0834_medium

Dsc_0831_medium

Dsc_0840_medium

Dsc_0823_medium

Dsc_0827_medium

 Dsc_0857_medium

No comments:

Recent Articles on Sherdog.com

UFC rss

Recent Interviews on Sherdog.com