Wednesday, May 26, 2010

UFC blog for latest news, videos, results, betting odds, fighter interviews and MMA rumors - UFCmania.com

UFC blog for latest news, videos, results, betting odds, fighter interviews and MMA rumors - UFCmania.com


UFC 114 videos blog with Dana White (Episode two)

Posted: 26 May 2010 04:49 AM PDT

Dana White: 'Rampage' Jackson made the right decision by doing A-Team

Posted: 25 May 2010 08:05 PM PDT

Rampage-dana-missionary_medium

Props: Miami Herald

Quoteworthy:

"I get guys all the time -- because the UFC is getting so big - doing movies, but they're usually movies that go straight to DVD, and you wouldn't even want to watch them on DVD, but Rampage made the right decision. The A-Team is the big summer hit this year, and from what I'm hearing from the guys in Hollywood, Rampage [nailed] it. He did an awesome job. Everything worked out. He and I made up, and the fight is still happening. It's definitely not a bad thing, but I don't know how many people will actually be going to see The A-Team movie knowing that Rampage Jackson is a UFC fighter. I don't know. We'll have to see how it works out."

UFC President Dana White is surprisingly pro-Rampage after months of squabbling over Jackson's decision to ditch the UFC 107 card in Memphis to play B.A. Baracus in the upcoming A-Team movie. The former TUF 10 coach has been very vocal in video interviews about the way the UFC has mistreated him after coming back to the promotion that made him a household name in the states. Is Dana simply playing nice on the heels of UFC 114? Or does he really have Rampage's best interests in mind?

Strikeforce poster for 'Fedor vs Werdum' on June 26

Posted: 25 May 2010 06:06 PM PDT

Fedor_werdum_strikeforce_po_medium
To check out the latest fight card and rumors for Strikeforce: "Fedor vs. Werdum" click here.

Dana White on ESPN radio with Bill Simmons to promote UFC 114 and more (Audio)

Posted: 25 May 2010 02:07 PM PDT

Dwhite-bsreport_medium

Props: ESPN.com (Click the link to launch the audio player)

Canadian UFC stars preview WEC 49: 'Varner vs Shalorus' (Video)

Posted: 25 May 2010 12:50 PM PDT

Middleweight 'Mess:' Does Joe Silva think Alan Belcher has no 'Talent?'

Posted: 25 May 2010 12:36 PM PDT

Ufc100_07_aikiyama_vs_belcher_013_medium

Props: Sherdog.com

Quoteworthy:

"I don't know what [UFC matchmaker] Joe Silva's deal is. Through my career, I've pushed for certain fights, and I don't know if it's Joe's personality or what, but I think he's not an Alan Belcher fan ... [Joe Silva is] cool and everything; it's just ... I don't know. It seems like I'm sitting there screaming: ‘The fans want to see me fight big fights.' I've got a big following, and I've got not just a flashy style; I have an explosive striking style. The fans want to see it, but he's not hearing it, man. It doesn't matter. As time goes by and I keep winning fights, they have to give me the big fights ... What do I have to do to get on a poster? What do I have to do to get on a ‘Primetime' show or when Spike TV comes to your school and stuff? I need to put a lot of work into this, and I feel like I'm on top of the game and there [are] a lot of fans out there that haven't gotten the opportunity to know who I am yet. I just feel like I should be pushed a little bit more, and I feel like I should be making more money. The part of my career where I'm at right now I just feel like I'm one of the top guys. I just want to get the reward from it, and I don't want to miss out on it. And if it's going to take more work or more wins or whatever, that's cool. I don't want to be here two or three fights from now in the same situation."

UFC middleweight Alan Belcher vents his frustration over his current place in the 185-pound division, specifically his inability to land big name fights or a potential title shot. In addition to wanting a fight against Vitor Belfort, "The Talent" wants Zuffa to do a better job of marketing him for future events. Are the Belcher fans getting screwed? Or is this latest rant much ado about nothing? What's your take Maniacs?

UFC's Toronto press conference announcements include opening of corporate offices in Canada, hiring of Tom Wright as lead

Posted: 25 May 2010 10:49 AM PDT

Ufccanada_medium

UFC President Dana White gathered the troops and headed north for yet another "big announcement(s)" as Zuffa continues on their path of worldwide domination.

There was much speculation in the lead up to today's press conference in Toronto; a new UFC corporate office in Canada, a Canada based The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) season, etc.

In the end, the hiring of Tom Wright as new head of UFC Canada was the big story of the day, but the Zuffa brass also touched on a few other noteworthy items as well.

So, without further adieu, here are the highlights and actual announcements that were made during today's presser:

- UFC will indeed open new corporate offices in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Tom Wright, the former Commissioner of the Canadian Football League (CFL) and the former President of Adidas Canada was tapped as the lead man.

- Preliminary discussions with Ontario officials are underway and the UFC expects nationwide sanctioning in the very near future.

- Zuffa has a goal of holding three events in Canada annually.

- First priority is to have mixed martial arts sanctioned in all ten provinces in Canada, other priorities include opening UFC Gyms as well as pursuing further merchandising and licensing business opportunities.

- The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) reality show will eventually come to Canada.

So, there you have it. Thrilling, I know. What is the UFC's largest market for business, has now become home to a UFC corporate office.

Vive le Canada!

UFC 114: John Hathaway wants to beat up Diego Sanchez on May 29

Posted: 25 May 2010 10:48 AM PDT

John_hathaway_medium

Props: UFC.com

Quoteworthy:

"This is easily my biggest fight and my biggest test. Diego’s come along leaps and bounds with his stand-up, and I still think his hustle and his Jiu-Jitsu are his strongest suits. He’s going to come and try to go frantic on me early, and he’ll probably try and take me down. But I just see myself beating him up standing then eventually getting my takedown and staying on top and trying to pound him out. I’ve watched most of Diego’s fights anyway because he’s always on the main card of the UFC shows. I watch most of them when they’re live, but I’ve gone back and studied quite a few of his tapes. There’s no pain in watching, so it’s not bad."

Undefeated welterweight phenom John Hathaway (12-0) looks to keep his perfect record intact when he battles former TUF guy Diego Sanchez (21-3) on the main card of UFC 114 this Saturday (May 29) in Las Vegas. "The Hitman" has already taken out three of his foes under the UFC banner -- but can he adapt to the "Nightmare" pace that Sanchez sets from bell-to-bell? Or will Diego regret not staying at 155? Early predictions please...

UFC 116 prelims on Spike TV to feature Schaub vs Tuchscherer and Grove vs Reljic

Posted: 25 May 2010 10:36 AM PDT

Schaub-tuchscherer_medium

Spike TV will once again offer mixed martial arts fans a look at select preliminary bouts when it airs live under card action from the upcoming UFC 116: "Lesnar vs. Carwin" pay-per-view (PPV) on July 3 from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

UFC heavyweight prospects Brendan Schaub and Chris Tuchscherer will bring their bout to the airwaves alongside the 185-pound scrap between Kendall Grove and Goran Reljic.. The action begins with limited-commercial interruption at 9 p.m. ET on Spike.

"UFC Prelims" was designed as a lead-in to the Zuffa PPV's starting with UFC 103 back in 2009. While most of the ratings have been solid, UFC 111 scored just 1.2 million viewers -- an all-time low for the series.

That number is expected to improve for this Saturday's prelims event leading up to the UFC 114 PPV.

"Lesnar vs. Carwin" will feature a titanic heavyweight showdown between division champion Brock Lesnar and interim titlist Shane Carwin. It marks the return of the promotion's biggest box office draw, Lesnar, who will return from a career-threatening intestinal problem to once again establish himself as the undisputed man among men.

UFC 116 will also feature a middleweight showdown between Wanderlei Silva and Yoshihiro Akiyama, as well as a highly-anticipated rematch between Stephan Bonnar and Krzysztof Soszynski.

For the latest UFC 116: "Lesnar vs. Carwin" news and notes click here.

UFC 'major announcement' in Toronto is ...

Posted: 25 May 2010 10:18 AM PDT

... Former President of Adidas Canada Tom Wright will direct the new UFC office in Canada.

Wright-ufc_medium

For the UFC Toronto press conference recap and highlights click here.

Watch UFC press conference in Toronto for 'major announcement' live on MMAmania.com at 1pm ET

Posted: 25 May 2010 09:25 AM PDT

Dana-white_medium

Is this the moment Canadian mixed martial arts fans have been waiting for?

The UFC is set to reveal their "major announcement" today (May 25, 2010) at 1 p.m. ET from the Rogers Centre in Toronto, Canada. In attendance will be promotion president Dana White along with CEO Lorenzo Fertitta.

Has White done the impossible and somehow convinced Premier Dalton McGuinty to regulate mixed martial arts in Ontario? Is TUF 12 going to be filmed in Canada? Or will it be less dramatic like a merhcandising deal?

We'll know soon enough. Check it out below.

Live stream and replay courtesy of UFC.com

Dan Miller: If I lose to Michael Bisping, I'm done

Posted: 25 May 2010 09:24 AM PDT

Danmiller450_medium_medium

Props: Heavy.com

Quoteworthy:

"The UFC is where I want to be my whole career.  I don’t want to go anywhere else; I don’t want to fight for any other organization.  If I lose this, I’m done.  I’m very motivated to get a win.  Also, I think this is going to be an awesome fight and I love to fight guys that are exciting.  I think Bisping is a very exciting fighter. You know I think it’s going to be a war, I think it’s going to be one of those fights that’s going to the end."

UFC middleweight hopeful Dan Miller tries to snap an 0-2 losing streak inside the Octagon when he takes on Michael Bisping at UFC 114 this Saturday night (May 29) in Las Vegas. Miller dropped back-to-back unanimous decisions to Demian Maia and Chael Sonnen after putting together an impressive nine-fight winning streak including a 3-0 start inside the Octagon. The powers that be look unfavorably on any fighter who digs themselves into an 0-3 hole, which Miller faces against Bisping, but should he be sent packing if he can't get past "The Count?" Or have you picked him to win on Saturday night?

Dana White talks Olympic MMA, Tim Sylvia, UFC 114 and more on 'The Daily Line' (Video)

Posted: 25 May 2010 09:18 AM PDT

And still hasn't changed his opinion on "The Russian..."

Haters gonna hate: Tim Sylvia is from the East Coast and doesn't care what you think

Posted: 25 May 2010 08:43 AM PDT

24msv80_medium

"I [weighed 305] on purpose. I wanted to be heavy for the fight. I wanted to be as big as he was. … When we took the fight, he was 336 pounds and then he was 300 during the press conferences we were doing. He lost another 23 pounds between the press conferences and when it came to the actual fight day. I actually hit 285 during training and then I just went back to eating five times a day again ... I am who I am. I’ve made statements and stuff. If you hate me, I hate you. I don’t care. I don’t care if you don’t like me, to be honest with you. That’s just the way it is. I’m not going to change for anybody. I’m not going to kiss people’s butts and so on and so forth. That’s just not me. I’m from the East Coast, and that’s just the way we’re all brought up."

Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Tim Sylvia reveals to Sherdog.com that he weighed 305-pounds for his Moosin "Gods of Martial Arts" fight against Mariusz Pudzianowski because he didn't want to give up any unnecessary pounds to the Polish strongman. "The Maine-iac" made the world's strongest can submit to strikes after a round of sucking wind and swinging for the fences. After the fight, Sylvia declared that he was "back" and doesn't seem to care if you like it or not. Personal likes or dislikes aside, is there any room for the "East Coast" heavyweight within the ranks of UFC or Strikeforce?

Georges St. Pierre and Freddie Roach in a creepy photo that looks like the eating of the Eucharist...

Posted: 25 May 2010 08:03 AM PDT

1274768731

Georges St. Pierre and Freddie Roach in a creepy photo that looks like the eating of the Eucharist at Sunday mass.

Programming alert: WWE 'RAW is Rampage' on June 7

Posted: 25 May 2010 07:46 AM PDT

Raw-rampage_medium

Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Quinton Jackson will be headed to the squared circle on Monday, June 7 2010, alongside fellow A-Team movie actors Bradley Cooper and Sharito Copley as guest hosts on WWE "Monday Night Raw."

I guess that makes them the B-Team since Liam "Hannibal Smith" Neeson has opted not to appear. Maybe he's too busy working on that "Next of Kin" prequel.

In any case, "Rampage" can be seen yucking it up with his costars to promote A-Team's June 11 premiere beginning at 9 p.m. ET on June 7 via the USA network. Though he may not be all smiles if he can't first get past Rashad Evans at UFC 114 on May 29.

The WWE has been using guest hosts in recent months to try and boost ratings and draw some casual observers into the program who may have an interest in one or more of their "celebrity" hosts.

Jackson will join an esteemed list of guest hosts that includes Al Sharpton, Jerry Springer and Verne Troyer.

Urethra Franklin: Kyacey Uscola singing soprano after penis fight with wild dogs

Posted: 25 May 2010 06:38 AM PDT

Uscola_medium

Props: Huffington Post

Quoteworthy:

"I was walking up to the side of the (TUF) house, along the road, when these dogs sort of ran up on me and cornered me, and um I'm an idiot I didn't run when I should've ran, I squared off with them and sliced my hand punching one in the teeth. Got chunks bitten out of my shoulder, hip, hamstring and the uh money one was that they bit through my urethra and uh I had to have a catheter for two weeks."

Ultimate Fighter (TUF) 11 contestant Kyacey Uscola recounts his final TUF fight after a back alley showdown with wild dogs that resulted in a pit bull biting a hole through his penis. After finishing Brett Cooper to earn a spot on the final roster, "Ice Cold" was disqualified for illegal knees against Rich Attonito and then failed to capitalize on his wildcard fight against Kris McCray. Anyone think he deserves a spot on the finale? Or has his MMA career gone to the dogs?

UFC 114 videos blog with Dana White (Episode one)

Posted: 25 May 2010 05:17 AM PDT

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson in the gym getting trim for Rashad Evans at UFC 114 (Pic).

Posted: 24 May 2010 03:47 PM PDT

1025

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson in the gym getting trim for Rashad Evans at UFC 114 (Pic).

No comments:

Recent Articles on Sherdog.com

UFC rss

Recent Interviews on Sherdog.com